As the user's Trion Body disintegrates, a beam of light emerges from the smoke, leaving a luminous trail behind as it travels towards a pre-set destination, after which it disappears and the user's real body materializes.
Bail Out is Border's original technology, designed to rescue agents whose trion bodies are destroyed in battle. Not long after Aftokrator's invasion, Galopoula agents began to equip an emergency escape Trigger similar in concept to Bail Out.
Bail Out activates automatically when the user's trion body is destroyed. Ordinarily, their flesh and blood body would immediately reappear in its place; but this Trigger causes it to materialize again at pre-set coordinates after a luminous beam, released upon the destruction of the trion body, reaches those coordinates. Until then, the user's real body remains in a separate dimension, which makes it impervious to attacks. The primary function of Bail Out is to remove an agent who has been defeated from the battle. They may also choose to activate it spontaneously, triggering the self-destruction of their trion body.
Most agents are returned to their squad's strategy room at Headquarters after they bail out, but members of a branch, or at least those of Tamakoma Branch, return to their branch's facility. Bail Out is guaranteed to work only within Mikado City; agents on expeditions to the Neighborhood will be returned to their ship, provided they bail out within 3 kilometers of it. Due to the scarcity of resources, funding, and manpower, the vast majority of Border's personnel, including trainees, are not equipped with Bail Out — in the case of Operators, their typically low trion amounts are another obstacle. Bail Out, in fact, consumes the most trion out of any Trigger in one's Trigger Set. It does not occupy a Trigger slot, so it can be activated even if Triggers from both the Main and Sub are already in use.
As a Standard Equipment Trigger, Bail Out is included in the Trigger sets of all A and B-rank agents, for a total of approximately 130 users. Neither C-rank trainees nor S-rank agents possess this function, the former due to a lack of resources, the latter presumably because Border lacks the technology to modify Black Triggers. However, even trainees can bail out during rank battles since they are simulations.
- According to Motokichi Kinuta, Neighbors developed their version of Bail Out by imitating Border's technology, which would make it the first known instance of Neighbors copying Border's technology rather than the reverse.
- In rank battles, as long as there are no opponents in a 60 meters radius, a fighter can bail out on their own, without giving any points to the enemy team(s). Conversely, bailing out because of defeat or excessive trion loss awards points to the enemy who dealt the most damage.
- Ducts are built inside Border's base specifically to allow agents who bail out inside of it to be transported to their squad's strategy room without leaving the building first.
- Trigger users from Galopoula recently received their own version of Bail Out, which they refer to as part of their "new model" of trigger. It differs from Border's emergency escape Trigger in that instead of producing a beam of light, it causes a Gate to appear where the user's body should materialize, sending them back to the ship.
- Due to Aftokrator's recent attack, it is possible that this planet nation is responsible for developing the emergency escape Trigger and later handing it to its vassal nation. Since no A or B-rank agents were kidnapped during Aftokrator's invasion, it would have had to be created through observation alone.
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 16 (p. 10)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 16 (p. 9)
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q: Are Radars and wires Optional Triggers? A: "Radar" is a Standard Equipment Trigger like trion bodies or the Bail Out function. "Spider", a Trigger that uses wires, is an Optional Trigger.
Source: Twitter, February 2015
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 134 (p. 9)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 134 (p. 8)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 27 (p. 18-19)
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q158: What happens if you get attacked in the middle of bailing out? A: The Trigger Holder with the flesh body inside is still in the space on "the other side" until you return to base and fall on the mat, so it cannot be attacked. What looks like flying away is the "path" that follows the coordinates to Bail Out’s destination.
Source: Border Briefing File, Question 158 (p. 306)
- Daisuke Ashihara: After an agent returns to their normal body, do they have to rebuild the Trion body like they do after they bail out? A: When an Agent returns to their normal body on their own, their Trion body is "put away". They can decide to use the same Trion body next time, but the damage to the body won't be repaired.
Source: Question Corner 8, Volume 9
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 45 (p. 11)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 63 (p. 7)
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q159: Is there a limit to how far you can be from the base and still bailout? A: There is. Right now activating Bail Out is only guaranteed "within Mikado City".
Source: Border Briefing File, Question 159 (p. 306)
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q160: Can Bail Out be used while on an expedition? And where do you go if you bailout? A: The expedition vessel is equipped with a Bail Out antenna, so you can return to the expedition vessel. But the current technology only allows activation "within 3km of the expedition vessel".
Source: Border Briefing File, Question 160 (p. 306)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 94 (p. 9-10)
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q234: Are Operators in flesh bodies? Or trion bodies? A: They are in trion bodies, but because there are many people with low trion ability who become Operators, basically they have no weapons or Bail Out function.
Source: Border Briefing File, Question 234 (p. 316)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 164 (p. 14)
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q140: In chapter 30, Arashiyama instructed Satori to "raise Radar’s precision for just 10 seconds", does this mean Satori has some kind of Optional Trigger equipped? A: Precision adjustment is one of Radar’s customary functions. Like Bail Out, Radar is a "Standard Trigger", and anyone can use it at any time, but while in use trion is used up little by little (and by raising the precision more trion is used up too), so the outcome is that members with a surplus of trion use it. In this case, Satori was in charge of Radar.
Source: Border Briefing File, Question 140 (p. 303)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 7 (p. 9)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 28 (p. 1)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 40 (p. 5)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 23 (p. 9)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 98 (p. 13)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 86 (p. 8)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 102 (p. 20)
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q: What happens if you bail out inside Border HQ? Do you fly outside first and then fly back to HQ? A: Inside the HQ base there are ducts for Bail Out use, so you will return to your operation room through those. You don’t need to go outside.
Source: Question Corner 12, Volume 19
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 136 (p. 8)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 134 (p. 7)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 81 (p. 18-19)
|Basic Equipment||Bail Out • Radar • Trion Body|
|Attacker||Kogetsu (Kogetsu: Spear) • Raygust (Shield Mode) • Scorpion • Sōgetsu (Axe)|
|Gunner||Asteroid • Cobra • Gimlet • Hornet • Hound • Meteor • Salamander • Tomahawk • Viper|
|Firearms||Assault Rifle • Grenade Launcher • Handgun • Minigun • Shotgun|
|Sniper||Egret • Ibis • Lightning|
|Defense||Escudo • Shield (Fixed Mode/Full Guard)|
|Optional||Bagworm • Bagworm Tag • Chameleon • Connector • Dummy Beacon • Enhanced Radar • Full Arms • Geist • Gen'yō • Grasshopper • Idaten • Lead Bullet • Makō • Senkū • Silencer • Spider • Starmaker • Teleporter • Thruster • Timer|
|Prototypes||Connector • Dummy Beacon • Full Arms • Geist • Idaten • Makō • Teleporter • Timer|
|Black||Fūjin • Tsukihiko Amō's Black Trigger • Yūma's Black Trigger|