|“||This stable formation you created is our strength. Please don't say you'd abandon it so readily.||”|
Teruya has long, ash blond hair (blue in the anime) braided into a ponytail, with bangs covering her forehead. Her uniform consists in a high-collared, zipped jacket in a bright persimmon color with matching headphones, a black undershirt, boots and dark brown pants (gray in the anime).
Teruya is very disciplined in combat and while preparing for matches. She is most commonly seen with a serene expression and a light smile, rarely emoting in rank battles, appearing only mildly disquieted by the reports of Lamvanein's power and surprised by Chika's combination of Hound and Lead Bullet. In general, she seems to be quite proactive. It was implied that there is a hint of sadism in her kindness.
Teruya joined Kakizaki Unit because two years prior she had seen Kakizaki on television and thought him worth supporting. To this day she admires him and gladly heeds his orders, although she does not shy away from making suggestions of her own. Contrary to his fears, she does not resent him for their losses and actually has a strong faith in him and his three-man formation.
- (To Kuniharu Kakizaki) "Of course you're not going to throw the match for him, right?"
- (To Kuniharu Kakizaki) "You were on TV about two years ago, weren't you? At that moment I thought, 'This guy is worth supporting'."
- (To Kuniharu Kakizaki) "This stable formation you created is our strength. Please don't say you'd abandon it so readily."
- She likes pudding, chilled sōmen (a type of fine white noodles), piano, and dogs, and is terrified of ghosts.
- Teruya's school uniform is identical to Kirie Konami's, possibly suggesting they go to the same school, which would also make her a schoolmate of Ai Kitora's.
- The author described her as an oshikake nyōbō (押しかけ女房), a Japanese expression indicating a woman who forced her husband into marriage.
- A second idiomatic expression referred to her is takane no hana (高嶺の花), signifiying a woman out of one's league.