|“||Of course! Since I use Grasshopper too, I will take Kuga-san!||”|
Minamisawa is a boy with short light brown hair, with spikes coming out of each side, and green eyes.
Minami has a laid-back and playful personality. He also has the tendency to be reckless and often rushing into battle on his own.
- (After Maori tells him to be careful of Yūma Kuga) "Of course! Since I use Grasshopper too, I will take Kuga-san!" 
- (After being defeated by Ōji Unit) "I messed up!"
- "Kai" (海?) means "ocean", while "Minamisawa" (南沢?) means "southern swamp".
- Unlike the rest of his teammates, he doesn't speak in Kansai dialect, as he's from Mikado City.
- He likes hotate scallop, cheese hamburger steaks, and meat stuffed bell peppers.
- Unlike the nicknames Ōji gives to other people, Minamisawa's nickname is not a pun with his name. However, it might be a reference to Kai-kun, a dog famous for appearing in commercials.