Kogetsu (Spear) (弧月 (槍), Kogetsu (Yari)?) is an alternative configuration of Kogetsu. It is currently unclear whether it is classified as a customization of the latter or as an independent Attacker Trigger.
Kogetsu (Spear) is a gray sankaku yari measuring roughly two meters in length, with tassels much like the regular model's; making its shaft easier to grip at the butt and below the luminous yellow arrow-shaped tip, two-fifths of which are hollowed out.
Due to the amount of trion necessary to materialize the handle of Kogetsu being lower than that required for the blade, Yōsuke Yoneya asked one of the five Chief Engineers to develop a variation of Kogetsu with a shorter blade and a longer handle. A subsequent customization made it possible to shorten the shaft at will.
Kogetsu (Spear) presumably has similar offensive power and durability to the default model, but longer reach and lower Trion consumption. It is capable of effortlessly piercing matter not made out of trion as well as trion bodies and Trion Soldiers. However, it is unable to penetrate the extremely durable armor on the arms of Rabbits. Since it is derived from Kogetsu, its two Exclusive Optional Trigger, Gen'yō and Senkū, can be used in conjunction with it.
The spear is generally wielded with two hands, although it is not so heavy that it cannot be swung with only one for slightly longer-ranged lunges and slashes. A customization made the length of the shaft adjustable, so that it could be shortened to fight more comfortably in narrow spaces.
- The confusion over the classification of Kogetsu (Spear) is due to its name in the databook, which specifies that the Trigger is customized, but it also gives it a slightly different name from the regular Kogetsu as well as other customized Triggers through the addition of the parenthesis. In the event that the spear should be considered a separate Trigger, the customization its entry in the databook refers to might be the one responsible for its ability to contract its shaft.
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 4 Chapter 29 (p. 10) and Episode 15.
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File (p. 81)
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q.154: Who made Kogetsu (Spear) and when did it happen? Yoneya made it with one of the Chief Engineers. Due to the idea that ‘because the trion cost to construct the handle of a Kogetsu is lower than the cost to construct the blade, if the blade is shortened and the handle lengthened then even people without a high trion ability can have a long reach’, it became a spear shape.
Source: Border Briefing File, Page 305, Question 154
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q.137: Is the extension and contraction of Yoneya’s spear shaft a function of Genyou Kogetsu? It is not Genyou Kogetsu, but an ability unique to Yoneya’s spear. Finding it inconvenient in narrow places, Yoneya requested the engineers to modify it for him.
Source: Border Briefing File, Page 303, Question 137
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 4 Chapter 29 (p. 11) and Episode 15.
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 7 Chapter 69 (p. 18-19) and Episode 27.
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 15 Chapter 126 (p. 6) and Episode 75.
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 8 Chapter 67 (p. 4) and Episode 27.
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 7 Chapter 59 (p. 9) and Episode 27.
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 15 Chapter 131 (p. 4) and Episode 76.
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 2 Chapter 15 (p. 2-3) and Episode 8.
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 15 Chapter 126 (p. 7) and Episode 75.
- World Trigger Manga — Vol. 2 Chapter 14 (p. 14-15).
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 15 Chapter 126 (p. 2) and Episode 75.
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 15 Chapter 126 (p. 3) and Episode 75.
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File (p. 67)
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File (p. 72)
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File (p. 79)
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File (p. 86)
|Basic Equipment||Bail Out • Radar • Trion Body|
|Attacker||Kogetsu (Kogetsu: Spear) • Raygust (Shield Mode) • Scorpion • Sōgetsu (Axe)|
|Gunner||Asteroid • Cobra • Gimlet • Hornet • Hound • Meteor • Salamander • Tomahawk • Viper|
|Firearms||Assault Rifle • Grenade Launcher • Handgun • Minigun • Shotgun|
|Sniper||Egret • Ibis • Lightning|
|Defense||Escudo • Shield (Fixed Mode/Full Guard)|
|Optional||Bagworm • Bagworm Tag • Chameleon • Connector • Dummy Beacon • Enhanced Radar • Full Arms • Geist • Gen'yō • Grasshopper • Idaten • Lead Bullet • Makō • Senkū • Silencer • Spider • Starmaker • Teleporter • Thruster • Timer|
|Prototypes||Connector • Dummy Beacon • Full Arms • Geist • Idaten • Makō • Teleporter • Timer|
|Black||Fūjin • Tsukihiko Amō's Black Trigger • Yūma's Black Trigger|