|“||I joined up because I thought you were cool.||”|
Tomoe has neck-length ash blond hair (sandy in the anime) with two bangs framing the sides of his face, and a small tuft of hair on his nape pointing outwards. He has big, almond-shaped eyes with narrow black irises. His uniform consists in a high-collared, zipped jacket in a bright persimmon color with matching headphones, a black undershirt, boots and dark brown pants (gray in the anime).
Tomoe is very disciplined and focused in combat and while preparing for matches. He is known to be respectful of his elders and well-behaved. He was deeply impressed with Tamakoma Second's goal of making the next away team as well as with Hyuse's swordsmanship, later congratulating him despite the crushing defeats suffered at his hands.
Tomoe joined Border because he thought that Kakizaki was cool and two years later jumped at the chance to join his unit. Contrary to Kakizaki's fears, Tomoe does not resent him for their losses and still has a strong faith in him, admiring him and gladly heeding his orders even though he turned out to be more insecure than Tomoe knew.
- (To Madoka Ui) "Sorry, I couldn't tell what was going on, and then I lost."
- (To Kuniharu Kakizaki) "I joined up because I thought you were cool."
- He likes hashed meat and rice, watermelons, and manga.
- When he joined, he was the youngest agent as well as the first elementary school student to be accepted into Border.
- He is the only combatant in his unit not to be an All-Rounder, his position as a Gunner suggesting that it is because he lacks enough points with Kogetsu.
- The author described Tomoe as a riajū (リア充), a pejorative term for someone who lives a happy and fulfilling life, on account of his being doted on by his senpai and especially by his unit's Operator Ui.
- This makes Tomoe the second riajū of Kakizaki Unit, the other being his captain.
- Ashihara also insinuated that Tomoe's hairstyle might be inspired by Yūichi Jin's.