|“||Just because these new guys will surpass us, it shouldn't diminish my squadmates' true value.||”|
AppearanceEditKakizaki is a light-skinned young man with ash blond Ivy League hair and grey eyes. His uniform consists in a high-collared, zipped jacket in a bright persimmon color with matching headphones, a black undershirt, boots and dark gray-brown pants.
Kakizaki is quite friendly, demonstrated when he guided Yūma Kuga to the rank battle place despite being his upcoming opponent. He has a reputation of being overly cautious in combat, although Mitsuru Tokieda extols it as a quality and argues instead that Kakizaki has a tendency to shoulder all the responsibility himself. In fact, he has low confidence in himself, but high confidence in his teammates, blaming himself for their low position in the ranking.
Kakizaki cherishes his squadmates, whom he believes to be exceptionally talented, more than Border acknowledges. Although he was happy they decided to enlist in his unit, he still struggles to understand why they would choose to be by his side. He blames himself for the unit's low placement in the rankings, apologizing to them after their match against Tamakoma Second, but his teammates defend his leadership and he is both relieved and moved to see them suggest improvements, on top of being invited to join them. His squadmates admire him deeply and refer to him when speaking as their captain, but that does not prevent them from bantering when not strategizing. Madoka Ui refers to him by a nickname followed by the honorific -san, implying both closeness and respect, while Fumika Teruya and Kotarō Tomoe mostly call him "Captain" in combat. Kakizaki on the other hand appears to use their first names without appending an honorific.
Arashiyama and Kakizaki are friends and hang out together with other agents their age. Since the former has a tendency to fool around when going out with Ikoma and Jin, Kakizaki ends up looking after them. When they joined Border, Kakizaki admired Arahiyama but also felt inadequate when he compared himself to him. Arashiyama greeted him as a rival when he left. Kakizaki refers to his former teammate by his surname, without appending an honorific.
Arashiyama, Kakizaki, Ikoma, and Jin are part of the same group of friends and hang out together in their free time. With the normally level-headed Arashiyama letting himself be influenced by Jin's and Ikoma's penchant for skylarking, Kakizaki may find himself having to look after the others.
Kakizaki, Kumagai, and Utagawa play basketball together in their free time.
Kakizaki and Satori appeared to be on good terms when they were teammates, with Satori crying when he decided to leave. Satori addresses Kakizaki by his surname followed by the honorific -san.
Ayatsuji and Kakizaki seemingly enjoyed a good relationship when they were teammates. She found an Operator for him as soon as he left the unit. Kakizaki refers to Ayatsuji by her surname, without adding an honorific.
Tokieda considers Kakizaki one of his favorite senior members, referring to him as a senpai.
- "This team isn't supposed to be hanging around in this position."
- (To Yūma Kuga) "Interesting... Show me what you've got, rookie!"
- (At the press conference) "We will do our best to protect the city and its citizens!"
- "My family or the people...?! How am I supposed to answer that...?!"
- "I never thought that I was a good soldier."
- "Fumika and Kotarō... and Madoka... I don't deserve such great squadmates."
- "The fact that such great agents are are still wandering between the middle and low level in B-rank is all because of me, a captain who can't bring out their true strength."
- "Just because these new guys will surpass us, it shouldn't diminish my squadmates' true value."
- (To Yūma Kuga) "You're definitely strong, but... Sorry. I have no intention of handing victory over to you."
- "Kuhinaru" (国治?) means "country government", while "Kakizaki" (柿崎?) means "persimmon cape". Coincidentally, persimmon is the color of his unit's jackets.
- He likes gyūdon, watermelon and all of sports.
- His dog is listed among his family members.
- He has a driver's license.
- The author described Kakizaki as a riajū (リア充), a pejorative term for someone who lives a happy and fulfilling life, and joked that he will live to the age of 92.