|“||This time for sure, a humanoid Neighbor has appeared!!||”|
Chano has androgynous features. S/He has medium-length hair which obscures his/her left eye and is usually covered by a beanie sporting an initialized badge. His/Her uniform is comprised of a double-breasted jacket which folds over itself on the left side, with two groups of four buttons each and a belt wrapped around the end of each sleeve. Above the topmost left button is the B-rank logo with the unit's position emblazoned on it, while Border's logo is located on the outer side of each humerus. The turtle-necked undershirt is black. The attire is completed by a pair of pants with front pockets and a belt with one holster on each side.
Chano is serious, hard-working, and extremely disciplined, saluting Masafumi Shinoda even when taking orders via radio. S/He did not hesitate to attack two humanoid Neighbors when s/he believed other Border agents were being threatened.
- (About Lamvanein) "This time for sure, a humanoid Neighbor has appeared!!"
- "Makoto" is an unisex name (meaning it can be used for both genders) which, when written with the kanji 真, means "true, pure, genuine". "Chano" (茶野?) means "tea field".
- Chano likes Nasi goreng, collecting hats, and making badges (which might imply that Chano probably made his own and Fujisawa's).
- According to the author's character notes, Chano was originally supposed to be a crossdressing girl, but he decided to ignore them because it seemed troublesome. It is unclear whether this means that Chano is a boy or a girl.
- Chano has begun to suspect that Yūma is a Neighbor.