|Organization|| Border |
|-||Detects position of trion bodies|
|-||Precision can be increased|
Radar (レーダー Rēdā?, lit. "Radar") is a Standard Equipment Trigger used by all A and B-Rank Border agents. As such, it does not occupy a Trigger slot, although Asumi Amakura has an enhanced model that does. Operators' terminals are constantly set to detect trion signatures, superimposing them on a map of the area. The same applies to soldiers from Neighbor countries with a similar role.
Soldiers from Galopoula have their own version. Aftokrator warriors are also equipped with a holographic projector which, among others, has a function very similar to Radar's, although it is unconfirmed whether or not it is a Trigger.
Radar is projected by Border agents as a circular hologram resembling the display of a military radar. Trion bodies appear as dots that leave a trail as they move. On the Operator's monitor also appears a bidimensional map of the area. Trion bodies are indicated as triangles and they can be tagged so as to be easily identified.
It is unknown when Border developed Radar. Since Aftokrator and Galopoula have their own versions, it is possible Border copied their technology, as Triggers originally belonged to Neighbours. It should however be noted that Aftokrator soldiers do not seem to possess a radar Trigger while in a trion body.
Radar and similar Triggers detect the signatures left by trion bodies, allowing the user to know the exact position and movements of any Trigger user within range. The exact mechanics are unknown, but if they function similarly to Echo, they scan the surroundings by emitting faint waves of trion. On Radar, compass points are also displayed as well as the general elevation of other trion signatures ("high" or "low") relatively to the user's position.
Radar is able to detect agents hiding with Chameleon, but not those utilizing Bagworm or other stealth Triggers designed to hide the user's trion signature. Since it is a not placed in either the Main or the Sub, it can be activated even when one Trigger from each column is already active. It consumes trion during use. Its precision can be enhanced in return for an increase in trion consumption, which is generally done by the team member with the most trion.
Aftokrator's version seems to cover a very wide area, and Hyuse was able to correctly identify the type of Trion Warrior in use just by looking at it. The device that projects it also has other functions and, thanks to its size, it can be easily hidden.
The radar Trigger used by Galopoula soldiers appears to be much more advanced than the other two. On top of including a simplified map of the area and having diferent markers for Trigger users and multiple types of Trion Warrior, it is capable of bypassing Bagworm's cloaking effect, rendering it useless. Furthermore, it has been shown to display the trajectory of bullets (including their length, making it possible to tell Sniper and Gunner Triggers apart) as well as arrows pointing towards the direction groups of enemies are moving. It is unknown if this Trigger consumes a token.
As a Standard Equipment Trigger, Radar is included in the Trigger sets of all A and B-Rank agents, for a total of approximately 130 users. Hyuse and Reghindetz are the only known users of the Aftokrator and the Galopoula versions, respectively.
- This Trigger is based on real-life radars.
- Radar was originally supposed to be unable to reveal elevation, On Radar, compass points are also displayed although in four chapters (three of which recent and two of which only in the volume version) this Trigger can also indicate if other trion signatures are "high" or "low" relatively to the user. It is unknown if this is an update, a retcon or an error.
- Radar is similar in functions to one of the seals of Yūma Kuga's Black Trigger, Echo, although it seems to provide less information.
- In chapter 124, Hyuse commented on the amount of Idras sent by Rodochroun, despite his holographic projector showing only dots. An explanation would be that he was able to recognize the Trion Warriors due to their movements.
- The exact purpose of this Trigger is unclear, since the radar available to Operators is much more detailed. It is possible that Radar allows agents to expand its area of effect, which Operators may not be able to do, and/or that it is what allows Operators to receive topographical data in the first place.
|Basic Equipment||Bail Out • Radar • Trion Body|
|Attacker||Kogetsu (Kogetsu: Spear) • Raygust (Shield Mode) • Scorpion • Sōgetsu (Axe)|
|Gunner||Asteroid • Cobra • Gimlet • Hornet • Hound • Meteora • Salamander • Tomahawk • Viper|
|Firearms||Assault Rifle • Grenade Launcher • Handgun • Minigun • Shotgun|
|Sniper||Eaglet • Ibis • Lightning|
|Defense||Escudo • Shield (Affixed Mode/Full Guard)|
|Optional||Bagworm • Bagworm Tag • Chameleon • Connector • Dummy Beacon • Enhanced Radar • Full Arms • Geist • Gen'yō • Grasshopper • Idaten • Lead Bullet • Makō • Senkū • Silencer • Spider • Starmaker • Teleporter • Thruster • Timer|
|Prototypes||Connector • Dummy Beacon • Full Arms • Geist • Idaten • Makō • Teleporter • Timer|
|Black||Fūjin • Tsukihiko Amō's Black Trigger • Yūma Kuga's Black Trigger|