|“||It took you only half a year to become Master Class. While I spent two years working hard and even asked Inukai to teach me. And I still can't reach you! But... you can get there without even training. So why don't you take this more seriously?!||”|
Wakamura is a light-skinned, bespectacled teenager of average height and build. He has messy, platinum blonde hair parted along the middle gathered in uneven locks. After the match against Tamakoma Second he was seen wearing a light cardigan over a black tee with a V-neck and white trousers.
His uniform consists of a black undershirt with a high, stiff neck, over which Wakamura wears a purple jacket with long sleeves that terminate in gloves with one black dot on each knuckle. The jacket also has a high neck (though not as high as the undershirt's), black shoulder pads, white lining, and short straps on his hips. Decorating the undershirt are three red vertical lines starting at the top of the collar and reaching down to the waist, each tapering off into a point, and six silver ornamental buttons, arranged in two columns of three on his chest. Two similar buttons can be found on each of his sleeves, and two more on his hips. The uniform is completed by purple trousers merged to boots with black soles.
Wakamura is high-strung, competitive, and very outspoken. This combination of traits may cause him to insult his opponents, but much more frequently it causes attrition with Yōko Katori. Part of his frustration is due to his own feelings of insecurity, caused by his failure to reach Master Class after two years of hard training even with Sumiharu Inukai's tutelage. It is stark contrast to his teammate's combative ease, which upsets him.
In a leadership position, his insecurities are multiplied — further amplified by his existing habit of spacing out while overthinking. The thought of receiving such heightened responsibility alone is shocking to him.
- (To Yōko Katori) "It happens to everyone. Before you complain, watch the competitors' logs."
- (To Katori) "It took you only half a year to become Master Class. While I spent two years working hard and even asked Inukai to teach me. And I still can't reach you! But... you can get there without even training. So why don't you take this more seriously?!"
- (To Katori) "You always look for a reason not to take try your best!! 'A wall that separates the elite from the rest'?! Say that after you've really tried to break through it!!"
- "That idiot... She's charging in on her own!"
- (To Yūta Miura) "Stay away! Support Yōko!"
- (Through inner monologue) "Should I handle the special assignment by myself and put someone else in command of the battle? ...No. What if that somehow turned out really well?"
- Wakamura likes egg sandwiches, chicken, and watching Somei study.
- Kazuaki Ōji's nickname for Wakamura, "Jackson" (ジャクソン, Jakuson?), is presumably a play on words based on the English name "Jackson" and an alternate reading of the kanji in Wakamura's surname, which in different contexts can be read as "jaku" and "son".
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 137 (p. 12)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 123 (p. 10)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 137 (p. 14)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 143 (p. 13)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 156 (p. 7)
- 【ワールドトリガー】ゲーム公式アカウントConta verificada (World Trigger official game twitter)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 146 (p. 18)
- Volume 17 Character Profiles
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 138 (p. 13)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 123
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 137
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 137 (p. 12-13)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 197 (p. 18).
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 218 (p. 7).
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 205 (p. 2-3).
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 204 (p. 3).
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 138 (p. 2)
- World Trigger Manga — Vol. 16 (p. 128), Volume Extras
- Kazuaki Ōji's Nickname Collection Spring '20, Volume 22
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 151 (p. 2)