|“||Continue, if that's what you want. But this will be the end of your mission.||”|
Sōya Kazama (風間 蒼也, Kazama Sōya?) is the A-rank captain of Kazama Squad and #2 Attacker as well as #3 overall. Due to his actions, he is an antagonist of the Black Trigger Capture Arc, but later becomes a supporting character. He is also one of the eleven candidates for Yūichi Jin's Fūjin.
Kazama has chin-length and spiky black hair. He is quite short, despite his age.
In his Trion body, like the rest of his Squad, he wears a navy blue shirt and a black shrug jacket and a cross running through the front of his shirt (including the jacket), and black boot pants. It has a Border emblem on each sleeve.
Kazama is a calm and reserved person. He only talks if he has something important to say. He does not seem to ever let emotions cloud his judgment, and claims not to hold a grudge against Neighbors for killing his brother; in fact, he does not appear to resent Tamakoma in the slightest. Although he can appear harsh at times, he is not so for its own sake, but to reach the heart of the matter and help the addressee become aware of their shortcomings and improve. He is very proud, refusing to battle Yūma due to him not being a regular agent. He is also a very good tactician.
- (To Yūichi Jin) ""Except for mock battles, fights between fellow Border agents are strictly forbidden". Are you prepared to receive a severe punishment for this violation of the squads' duty regulation, Jin?" 
- (To Kyōsuke Karasuma about Osamu Mikumo) "He is weak. His trion and physical ability are just barely acceptable. I can't feel the talent that Jin sees in him. But he understands his weaknesses well, and he uses his head to strategize and read opponents because of it. I don't dislike that scheming, intelligent way of fighting." 
- (To Shirō Kikuchihara) "Other squads trust 80% of their perception in their vision. We'll have an incredible advantage over them. When you become an official agent, join my squad. We need you." 
- (To Kikuchihara and Utagawa) "Continue, if that's what you want. But this will be the end of your mission." 
- (To Kaho Mikami) "When you use bail-out, you can't fight again until your battle body recovers. But if you withdraw, you might still be useful elsewhere. They should know this... Rookies..." 
- (About Osamu's defeat) "If you want your team to be successful, depending on your growth is a too uncertain variable. You need a more tangible solution. [...] I mean he should do his job as captain." 
- "Sōya" (蒼也?) means "to be blue", while "Kazama" (風間?) is a Japanese surname meaning "among the wind".
- He likes Katsu Curry Rice, milk and self-discipline.
- According to Ashihara, Kazama's image was damaged by things like buying child tickets for many years without realizing it when taking public transportation, getting drunk with Suwa and fighting a mailbox, and riding Raijinmaru when nobody was around only for the scene to be captured on camera.
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 24 (p. 2-3)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 56 (p. 2)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 24 (p. 2/3)
- Border Briefing File (p. 50).
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 25 (p. 6)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 37 (p. 7).
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 56 (p. 3-4)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 57 (p. 5)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 57 (p. 6).
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 115 (p. 16)
- Curry rice served with a breaded pork cutlet on top
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q.045: Please tell us instances that shows Kazama-san’s carelessness. A: He didn’t realise for years he was riding the city bus on child prices, he fought a postbox after Suwa got him drunk, he tried to ride Raijinmaru when no one was watching but got caught on security camera etc.
Source: Border Briefing File, Page 293, Question 45