Scorpion is a glowing yellow edged weapon that appears as a dagger of sorts. It can be shapeshifted at will in to any shape the user desires. There are many variants in its default shape: Jin and Yūma use a single-edged Scorpion, which is the standard form, the members of Kazama Squad wield Scorpions with a hollowed-out blade and Ai Kitora owns a customized version with a blade at both ends of the handle.
Of the three Attacker Triggers currently available to all Border agents, Scorpion was the second to be created. It was developed by Jin together with Michael Cronin when the former realized he would not be able to win against Tachikawa with Kogetsu. Later on, Kazama Squad and Kitora requested the engineers to modify their Scorpions.
Scorpion has offensive power comparable to Kogetsu's, but it has much lower durability, which causes it to crack at the first impact with the latter and break if used to defend multiple times. For this reason, it is a weapon almost exclusively reserved for offense. Nonetheless, it is not easily damaged by Gunner Triggers. Despite being in the same class of attack power as Kogetsu, Scorpion appears to be slightly inferior in that regard, possibly due to it being much lighter: while a swing of Kogetsu is sufficient to crack it, a Scorpion will be undamaged after a clashing with another Scorpion. Furthermore, while Kogetsu can crack and, if pressure continues to be applied, break a focused Shield with one strike, the same Defense Trigger will not take any damage from a single thrust with Scorpion.
One of Scorpion's main advantages over other Attacker Triggers is its lightness. Since it weighs almost nothing, it is often dual wielded, or it leaves the user a free hand to activate other Triggers. Should the user lose an arm, their attack speed will not suffer any backlash, also thanks to Scorpion's ability to be materialized from any part of the body, rendering the user extremely unpredictable and allowing them to strike from any position and in any condition. When not needed, it can be hidden inside their body without it hindering their movements.
Furthermore, the shape and size of Scorpion can be freely altered by the user, according to their skills and trion levels, which makes it a tactical and versatile Trigger. Users have exploited this capacity to prevent an opponent from retrieving their weapon, replace missing limbs, sprout extra blades and defend targeted areas of their body.
Yūma Kuga, who is renowned for his creativity, has shaped Scorpion like fins to control his movements in strong currents and to bandage a grievous wound in order to stop the initial trion leakage. By combining two Scorpions into a single blade, it is possible to launch quick, mid-ranged attacks that can weave their way through the target's defenses. Although it would be theoretically possible to wrap Scorpion around one's whole body, since its durability is inversely proportional to its total surface area, only someone with an extraordinary amount of trion might be able to use this technique effectively, without Scorpion becoming as fragile as glass.
Some users throw Scorpion as a projectile, either shapeshifting it into a more suitable form first, such as a shuriken, or thrusting it into the vitals of a vulnerable opponent at close range. The Trigger loses its ability to shapeshift as soon as it leaves the user's hand, but it can be restored by touching it with another Scorpion.
Different Scorpion models have slightly different abilities. The standard version stresses balance, whereas the one utilized by Kazama Unit is even more attack-oriented and focuses on quickly extending its reach. Kitora's customized version has been modded with a function that allows it to spin around the grip like a windmill.
(もぐら爪 Mōru Kurō?)
|The user produces a blade under their foot and drives it into a surface, then changes its shape to make it come out at the desired location for a surprise attack. Sōya Kazama is a notable user.|
(脚ブレード Ashi Burēdo?)
|The user covers or replaces a portion of their leg with Scorpion, turning it into a blade. It was first used by Ai Kitora to replace her missing leg.|
(枝刃 Buranchi Burēdo?)
|The user splits Scorpion in multiple blades inside their body and sprouts them from different locations.|
|The user combines two Scorpions together to perform a fast mid-ranged attack. This technique was invented by Masato Kageura.|
|Curving Blade Throw
(曲がるブレード投げ Magaru Burēdo Nage?)
|The user morphs one Scorpion into a throwing blade with three spikes and a circular protrusion at the back. At the moment of the throw, the user extrudes a second Scorpion from their palm, so thin it is nearly invisible to unsuspecting eyes. This second blade acts as a rail for the first, allowing the user to alter its trajectory even after it leaves their hand. This technique was created by Yūma Kuga.|
See also: Scorpion Users
Scorpion is known to be favored by speedy Attackers, and All-Rounders often choose it as their secondary weapon. Currently, there are 16 known official agents with at least one Scorpion in their Trigger set. The list excludes those members of branches who do not participate in rank wars. Hyuse has used it briefly during the Galopoula invasion. The Scorpion user with the most Points is Sōya Kazama, the #2 Attacker and #3 overall. Yūma Kuga and Yūichi Jin also deserve to be mentioned. Yōsuke Yoneya is a notable former user.
- The two modded versions of this Trigger appeared before the default model.
- One of the training Trigger sets at Tamakoma Branch contains a Scorpion model similar to the one wielded by the members of Kazama Unit.
- The Scorpion icon from the databook is based on the Kazama Unit model.
- Curiously, Scorpion is routinely shown cracking with one swing of Kogetsu and shattering completely with one of Fūjin when used to defend, but it does not seem to suffer any averse effect from clashing against their blades when the latter are used to block it.
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 27 (p. 9-10)
- Volume 20 Character Profiles
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 90 (p. 5)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 26 (p. 4)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 36 (p. 15)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 114 (p. 8)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 138 (p. 3)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 143 (p. 14)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 170 (p. 18)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 99 (p. 6)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 114 (p. 7)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 26 (p. 20)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 139 (p. 7)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 27 (p. 2)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 101 (p. 18)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 101 (p. 17)
- World Trigger Manga — Vol. 13 Chapter 107 (p. 27).
- World Trigger Manga — Vol. 7 Chapter 57 (p. 21).
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 28 (p. 16)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 30 (p. 14)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 98 (p. 16)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 143 (p. 3)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 101 (p. 16)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 143 (p. 2)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 146 (p. 13)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 145 (p. 19)
- Daisuke Ashihara: The shape can change a good bit. How much it can expand depends on your Trion levels, but the wider it is spread, the weaker it becomes. It would be as fragile as glass if you put it around your body. Chika might be able to pull it off.
Source: Question Corner 5, Volume 7
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 181 (p. 11)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 113 (p. 16)
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File (p. 305)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 181 (p. 12-14)
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File (p. 304)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 100 (p. 17)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 50 (p. 4)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 196 (p. 12-13)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 26 (p. 3)
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File
- World Trigger Manga — Vol. 18
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 135 (p. 5)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 40 (p. 4)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 27 (p. 7)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 27 (p. 1)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 154 (p. 18)
|Basic Equipment||Bail Out • Radar • Trion Body|
|Attacker||Kogetsu (Kogetsu: Spear) • Raygust (Shield Mode) • Scorpion • Sōgetsu (Axe)|
|Gunner||Asteroid • Cobra • Gimlet • Hornet • Hound • Meteor • Salamander • Tomahawk • Viper|
|Firearms||Assault Rifle • Grenade Launcher • Handgun • Minigun • Shotgun|
|Sniper||Egret • Ibis • Lightning|
|Defense||Escudo • Shield (Fixed Mode/Full Guard)|
|Optional||Bagworm • Bagworm Tag • Chameleon • Connector • Dummy Beacon • Enhanced Radar • Full Arms • Geist • Gen'yō • Grasshopper • Idaten • Lead Bullet • Makō • Senkū • Silencer • Spider • Starmaker • Teleporter • Thruster • Timer|
|Prototypes||Connector • Dummy Beacon • Full Arms • Geist • Idaten • Makō • Teleporter • Timer|
|Black||Fūjin • Tsukihiko Amō's Black Trigger • Yūma's Black Trigger|