This page is about the character. For other uses, see Shūji Miwa (disambiguation).
|“||So are you protecting a Neighbor just for that reason? Even so, eliminating the Neighbor is Border's duty!!||”|
Shūji Miwa (三輪 秀次 Miwa Shūji?) is a character in the manga and anime series World Trigger. He is the close-range All-Rounder and leader of Miwa Unit, as well as one of the eleven candidates for Yūichi Jin's Fūjin. Due to his actions, he is considered a minor antagonist.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
- 7 Navigation
Miwa has neck length black hair and sienna brown eyes. When not in a trion body, he has been seen wearing a gakuran high school uniform along with a red scarf during the winter.
Like the rest of his unit, when in Trigger mode, he wears an all-black suit. Over it, he wears a grey flak jacket with neck and shoulder protection, and grey padded gloves which extend until the middle of his forearm. He also wears grey boots with zip fasteners in the front.
Miwa is the quiet type; he doesn't talk much and always has a serious expression on his face. Following the death of his sister, he developed an uncompromising hatred for Neighbors, and demonstrates aggressive, even violent behavior where they are concerned. When Yūma admitted to being a Neighbor, Miwa shot him without hesitation (although the attack would not have killed an individual in a flesh and blood body, only caused them to faint). He despises Tamakoma, especially Jin, due to their Neighbor-friendly views, and he considers them traitors to Border's cause. After Yūma was accepted in Border, he fell into a short depression due to no longer being able to understand whether his hatred is justified or not.
Miwa respects Yoneya as a comrade, but is annoyed by his careless and playful attitude, as he doesn't take his job seriously.
Miwa has a deep dislike for Jin due to his carefree and cocky nature, and believed that Jin thinks too lightly of Neighbors, until learning about the latter's past from Arashiyama. He seems to be warming up to Jin, though, as he accepts to work with him during Galopoula's invasion.
Miwa was at first distrustful of Osamu, theorizing that he was hiding a Neighbor (which turned out to be true) and stalking him in order to prove his theory. Miwa still dislikes Osamu, apparently because he reminds him of himself.
Miwa dislikes Tachikawa because of his assertive and easygoing nature, similar to Jin's.
Azuma was Miwa's former captain, and they have a good relationship, akin to a father and his son.
They used to be teammates. He seems to be annoyed of her playful and carefree nature, as when she tells him she wants to play with him like Yoneya is doing with Inukai, he bluntly tells her to play with Yoneya instead.
- (To Yōsuke Yoneya) "Don't be so negligent when going to battle. Neighbors are enemies of the human race" 
- (To Jun Arashiyama) "So are you protecting a Neighbor just for that reason? Even so, eliminating the Neighbor is Border's duty!!" 
- (To Osamu Mikumo) "I don't care. Stop depending on others."
- (To Hairein) "Shut up, neighbor. All you need to know... Is I'm going to kill you."
- "Shūji" is written with 秀 ("flowering, luxuriant, refined, elegant, graceful") and "次" ("second, order, sequence, next"). "Miwa" (三輪?) literally means "three wheels".
- According to the Volume 2 and the BBF, Miwa likes:
- His sister.
- Eliminating Neighbors.
- Zaru soba.
- His winter school uniform, including the scarf, looks similar to Yukimaru Ichijō's from Room 303.
- He calls Replica "Beanspeck".
- His gun trigger's model resembles a SIG Sauer P229R.