|“||Alright, listen. I'm gonna say something good. Look at our emblem. There are three swords, right? This first one is me, the second one represents Izumi, and the last one is... My second sword. In other words, you're still a novice, so no getting puffed up. [...] Kunichika, you're the crescent moon on the back.||”|
The squad's uniform consists of a long black coat with red vertical stripes somewhat similar to pinstripes and five straps to fasten it, and also black pants and boots.
The squad's emblem consists of three Katanas in front of a crescent moon. According to Tachikawa, the first blade represents himself, the second represents Izumi, and the third represents his second sword, while the crescent moon in the back represents Kunichika, but it was later revealed the third sword is their former member, Kyōsuke Karasuma.
Tachikawa Squad's third member used to be Kyōsuke Karasuma until around a year ago (as of Chapter 39) where he and Shiori Usami transferred to Tamakoma Branch for unexplained reasons, however Takeru Yuiga took his place as the third member ever since.
Kei Tachikawa and Kōhei Izumi along with Fuyushima Squad, and Kazama Squad, return to Mikado City following their Away Mission. After their return, Masamune Kido orders them along with Miwa Squad, to capture Yūma Kuga's Trigger with the Captain of Tachikawa Squad, Kei Tachikawa being assigned to be the leader, leading them to be the Antagonists of the Arc.
The Temporary Force then fights against Yūichi Jin, and Arashiyama Squad in the Yūichi Jin and Arashiyama Squad vs. Border's Top Teams fight, which the force was repealed.
Tachikawa Squad is on Defense duty during Round 2, and it is revealed that Tachikawa goes to Taketomi to listen to commentary recordings of the Rank Wars. Tachikawa commentates for Round 3. Before Round 4, Izumi and Yuiga help train Osamu.
They, along with the rest of the A-ranks, judge Phase 1 of the test.
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 13 Chapter 109 (p. 13-14) and Episode 67.
- World Trigger Manga — Vol. 22 Squad Emblem Commentary: Part 2
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 5 Chapter 39 (p. 8) and Episode 19.
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File (p. 270-271)
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 3 Chapter 24 and Episode 13.
- World Trigger Manga and Anime — Vol. 3 Chapter 25 and Episode 13.
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q.125: Tachikawa squad’s uniform looks like the long coat Shinoda had on in his combat body, was it deliberately made to look similar? It seems likely. Respecting the mentor.
Source: Border Briefing File, Page 302, Question 125