|“||Kō, it's fine to get strong your own way. We're all allies when fighting against Neighbors. I'm sure everyone will say 'I'm glad Kō is so strong.'||”|
Kuruma is a tall individual. He has curly chin-length light brown hair and black eyes with slit irises.
When in Trigger Mode, his Border Uniform consists of a shrug jacket with vertical black stripes on the sides of the sleeves and horizontal black stripes around the collar, and matching pants. The jacket is divided in two parts, one for each shoulder/arm, connected by two straps on the front, and by the collar. The jacket also has the unit's emblem in the left chest, and Border's emblem in the shoulders. He also wears a black shirt, mint green pants and brown boots.
Kuruma is extremely well-tempered and tolerant, known for never having gotten angry. When Betsuyaku boiled all his tropical fish to death, despite his grief, he promptly forgave the clumsy boy. He is also dedicated to his teammates, biking in the middle of the rain to go visit Tetsuji Arafune to video him telling Kō Murakami that it isn't his fault that he stopped being an Attacker. He's afraid of battle; however, and usually useless on his own.
- (To Kō Murakami) "Kō, it's fine to get strong your own way. We're all allies when fighting against Neighbors. I'm sure everyone will say 'I'm glad Kō is so strong.'" 
- "Tatsuya" (達也?) means "to be a master/accomplished".
- He likes aquariums and macaroni gratin.
- His assault rifle resembles a NCM Assault Rifle.
- The Border Briefing File reveals that Kuruma's family is the sponsor of the Suzunari branch.
- His English voice actor, Michael Adamthwaite, also voices Kei Tachikawa.