Tomahawk retains the explosive properties of Meteor and the capacity to travel along predetermined trajectories of Viper. Like other composite bullets, it is capable of damaging a Trion Body simply by detonating in its vicinity and cause extensive damage to constructs not made out of trion. Controlling this bullet is known to be extraordinarily difficult. Much like Viper, it benefits from being used by fighters who can freely set its trajectories. Thanks to the radius of the blasts, they can be effective in combat without direct lines of sight by targeting the general location of the opponent. They can also bend its trajectory out of sight in order to keep their position hidden.
Tomahawk can be utilized in trion cube form or fired through a firearm. In the latter case, the only known specific is that the firearm is set to shoot exclusively Tomahawk; in the former, the user conjures one Meteor cube and one Viper cube, one from the Main and one from the Sub, and merges them into a single Tomahawk cube. The process lasts between one minute for inexperienced agents and two seconds for Shooters of Izumi's caliber, during which the user is vulnerable to attack; for this reason, Tomahawk cannot be used uniformly in this configuration.
See also: Tomahawk Users
- Like many other Gunner Triggers, Tomahawk may be named after a missile, the BGM-109 Tomahawk, commonly known simply as Tomahawk. Alternatively, its name may be derived from the TE-416_Tomahawk rocket.
- A tomahawk is a one-handed axe used as a tool and a weapon by pre-contact Native Americans.
- The two known users of this Trigger are the only Border agents capable of setting new patterns for Viper each and every time they use it.
- Taichi Betsuyaku seemingly recognized Tomahawk from its lower speed in round three. It is currently unknown whether the lower speed is due to a standard setting for this bullet, Nasu's preference, of other factors.
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 101 (p. 8)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 59 (p. 5)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 101 (p. 7)
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q145: Is Ninomiya the one who created composite bullets? Is it Izumi? Or an Engineer? A: Izumi tried it out on some kind of impulse and it worked. That is why he is called "genius-like" and "bullet idiot".
Source: Border Briefing File, Question 145, p. 304
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File (p. 270-271)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 59 (p. 4-6)
- World Trigger Manga — Border Briefing File (p. 216)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 102 (p. 16)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 59 (p. 13)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 59 (p. 5-6)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 102 (p. 10)
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q146: Can Gunners use composite bullets? A: If they set it in the Gun Trigger they can, but that gun then becomes "a gun that can only shoot the composite bullet".
Source: Border Briefing File, Question 146, page 304
- Daisuke Ashihara: If Osamu tries to shoot a Tomahawk right now, it will take him about a minute’s time to combine them. It takes Izumi about 2 seconds.
Source: Question Corner 8, Volume 9
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 101 (p. 9)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 101 (p. 7-8)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 97 (p. 13)
|Basic Equipment||Bail Out • Radar • Trion Body|
|Attacker||Kogetsu (Kogetsu: Spear) • Raygust (Shield Mode) • Scorpion • Sōgetsu (Axe)|
|Gunner||Asteroid • Cobra • Gimlet • Hornet • Hound • Meteor • Salamander • Tomahawk • Viper|
|Firearms||Assault Rifle • Grenade Launcher • Handgun • Minigun • Shotgun|
|Sniper||Egret • Ibis • Lightning|
|Defense||Escudo • Shield (Fixed Mode/Full Guard)|
|Optional||Bagworm • Bagworm Tag • Chameleon • Connector • Dummy Beacon • Enhanced Radar • Full Arms • Geist • Gen'yō • Grasshopper • Idaten • Lead Bullet • Makō • Senkū • Silencer • Spider • Starmaker • Teleporter • Thruster • Timer|
|Prototypes||Connector • Dummy Beacon • Full Arms • Geist • Idaten • Makō • Teleporter • Timer|
|Black||Fūjin • Tsukihiko Amō's Black Trigger • Yūma's Black Trigger|