A Mother Trigger (母 トリガー Mazā Torigā?), also known as a Queen Trigger (女王 トリガー Kuīn Torigā?), is a giant Trigger that makes life possible in the Neighborhood. These Triggers create and preserve the planets hosting Neighbor countries. Each planet has its own Mother Trigger.
A user of this type of Trigger is referred to as God (神 Kami?). Despite the name, they are essentially sacrifices: they become one with the Mother Trigger, watching over the planet for hundreds of years, until they die. When a God dies, the planet risks dying with them. Gods control weather phenomena, and even generate miniature heavenly bodies to act as suns for their planet. If the trion capacity of the God is insufficient, the size of the planet decreases, making it imperative to select sacrifices with exceptional levels of trion. Aftokrator gained its nickname "The Holy Land" as a result of its careful screening of Gods.
Due to the vital importance of Mother Triggers, national politics and power dynamics in the Neighborhood are shaped around them. In times of war, seizing control of the Mother Trigger of an enemy nation ensures victory.
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 105 (p. 6)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 105 (p. 7)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 105 (p. 6-7)
- Daisuke Ashihara: Q.228: Are the sun and moon of the Neighbourhood different for each nation? Are those suns and moons based on the same logic as Miden’s? They are of a different logic from Miden’s. The Neighbourhood’s suns are artificial miniature heavenly bodies created and managed by the god of each planetary nation. The moons and stars visible at night are the other planetary nations floating in the Neighbourhood sky.
Source: Border Briefing File, Page 315, Question 228
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 105 (p. 8)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 119 (p. 16)
- World Trigger Manga — Chapter 135 (p. 2)